Monday, February 4, 2008

Shrek Speaks

I really didn’t get a chance to know you as I was only there for two days. I’m the 18 hand guy you named Shrek. The name is a good one, thank you! Last time I was around nice people, my tail was in that funny brace but that was a long time ago. They taught me how to do more than the three gaits I did naturally. When I arrived in Ohio, I wasn’t sure about people at all. These people had to be good as they gave me peppermints, my favorite! They didn’t ask me to do much just and they were really nice. I was there awhile and this strange lady came and they said she fell in love with me. Whatever! Back on the trailer and at another nice ladies barn and then the long trip to NC. I knew it would be good when I arrived as there were peppermints in my feed box.

Life is good now and everyone seems to like me. Why do they all say “HE IS BIG!”? Now they say I am the King of the Minis. The little ones like me but the ones that are closer to my size don’t have anything to do with me. The strange lady isn’t so strange now. She is the only one that understands I don’t eat one peppermint, I need 8 peppermints at once as they are so small. She comes and rides me for a few days at a time. She really likes me. There is another nice lady that rides me once a week. She says my trot really makes her work. My canter, that is the gait, I do best. Smoother than walking they say! The girls are proud of me because I can cut those tight corners in half and the smaller horses can’t bend the way I do! Everyone keeps talking about going trail riding at Blowing Rock this summer at the Moses Cone State Park. If the peppermint lady goes with me, I know it will be good! My favorite mini is the dwarf gray one. We run together in the field but mostly eat from the big round bale of hay. Every day the lesson kids come and feed us treats. I had forgotten how nice people could be to me. Thank you SBR for bringing me on my journey home.

Shrek

1 comment:

canter said...

Hi Shrek!!!!! I met you in Ohio and fed you peppermints!!!! You are such a gentle guy and I'm a peanut standing next to you!!! The lady in Ohio just LOVED you and I'm sure you remember nickering to her every time she would drive up her gravel driveway. She sure does miss you. But she is very happy that you are getting everything you need and you are smiling. I'm glad too that you are having the time of your life that you so needed.

Hugs and kisses from Ohio!!!