Sunday, February 3, 2008

Notes from Ninja Girl

First I would like to say Thank You for giving me a chance at a new life, well I guess at life at all. I have been waiting and waiting and I am not sure what I have done wrong but it seems no one wants me. I go out in the day with the other girls and I watch for anyone that might come and get me. I always walk up to the fence and try and look pretty. I have heard that when people may want you, that you brought into the big barn to work. I have been in the big barn a lot but something tells me it is just to ride me not that someone wants me.

Today I was brought in and Anne rode me. I liked Anne and I worked hard to remember everything I had been taught before. There were a lot of horses working and I am proud to say that did not bother me at all. I heard the ladies talking about how nice I was and they wondered why I did not have a home. I think I also heard them say hunter or sport horse whatever that means. I do know I will try and do anything the people want. While I was standing in front of the thing that makes you warm and dry I could see all the people in the ring so I stood there and looked as pretty as I could so some one would pay attention to me. I really like people and I love to be talked to.

I am not very old and I feel really healthy, no sore legs or joints. I do need shoes in front but just plain shoes are fine. I am not skinny and I have been told by a lady named Kate that I am beautiful. Every time she rides me she tells me how good and beautiful I am and she tells me it will not be long before I have a new home. So far no new home, but I still keep hoping. I do not think my name fits me, I would like the name of Princess or Angel but I did not get a cool name like that. I am just plain Ninja Girl.

1 comment:

sunvalleysally said...

Ninja Girl, continuing the Japanese Ninja theme perhaps you can ask your rescue angels to give you a Japanese name "Tenshi" which means heaven's messenger, since you like the "cool names" like Angel and Princess. The Japanese word for girl warrior (Kunoichi) has a connotative emphasis on combat strategies and treachery which you may not wish to adopt as your own. Japanese for "princess" is "hime" pronounced he-may but English speakers might inquire, "what???" The right name can call out to a new guardian for you, so be sure to ask your angels for this gift!