Sunday, March 9, 2008

Why don't I have my forever home?

This is the first time I have blogger so I may not be a champion at this but as I always do, I will give it my best shot. My name is Ninja Girl and I am really fairly young and I have been told I am kind and beautiful. I am not sure what happened or why I ended up going to the sale but there I was and I could tell that I had a chance of not getting a good home. When I was lead through the sale I tried to do everything they ask me to do but I was just ask to walk up and down a few times and then I was taken out back. I wondered if I did it right, I wondered who bought me and WHERE would I end up. Two ladies came up to me and seemed very kind and gentle with me. I could hear them say how pretty I was and after a short time they loaded me in a large trailer with other horses and off we went to our new lives.

When we got to our new home I could see, smell and hear other horses but when I was taken out of the trailer I was so surprised there were so many horses and they all seemed happy, but when I visited with them I found out no horse had a special person to call there own. I was told the men that took care of them were always kind and that you always got your meals on time. I was also told that there was not a lot of work here. What kind of place was this? At my last home we had to work long and hard days to earn our keep. I wondered if the horses had told me the true story here or if they had been wrong.

It was not to long before I found out what they were telling me about, I was brought into the big barn and I could see there were many, many beautiful horses in there. Every horse had a shiny coat of hair and their manes were very neatly trimmed. I hoped I would be like that some day. I was however cleaned up and I am telling you I felt like royalty. A saddle and bridle were put on me and I was lead out into a large arena. You know I remember something like this, I began to relax, maybe I would be able to do this work. It was not very long and a very tall thin girl stepped up into my saddle, I was excited and ready to go. Guess what? I remembered things and I knew what she was asking me to do, well most of it anyway. My ride was not long but I was sure I did well enough to get a forever home.

It has been several months since I came here, and I while I have made friends with a couple of the ladies that come out to ride me, I still do not have my one special home. Everyday I see horses taken into the big barn and in a short time I watch them get on a trailer and go to the new homes. I wonder what I am not doing right, if only I could go in a watch what they do maybe I could learn how to get someone to like me. I run to the gate every time I see someone walking near and I always put my ears up and look happy. I am never mean to the other horses that go outside with me everyday, I am easy to shoe and I always stand tied and never cause any problems.

About one month ago a new lady came out and started teaching me new things, I hear her tell the people that she really likes me and I am hoping what I learn from her will help me. I have even been learning about different people riding me, it is very different and I work hard to figure out what they want. I have done everything I am asked to do so why does't anyone want me? I guess I will continue to run to the gate and greet everyone I see and one day maybe someone will actually came to the gate to take me to my new home.

No comments: