Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Illusive speaks out

My name is Illusive and I am a reg. American Saddlebred mare. Today I was picked up by some ladies who seemed happy to see me. They seemed to know about me even though I did not remember seeing them ever. I was put into a very large trailer by myself and something told me I am going to a new home. I did go through a couple of sales but today felt different than those times.

By the time we stopped it was dark but I could hear other horses calling to me while I was still in the trailer. I heard one of the ladies say "hey girls are you welcoming your new friend?" I did not know people spoke horse but that lady knew what the other mares where saying to me. When I got off of the trailer there were about four mares standing looking over the fence greeting me. It sounds to me like this a good place to be at.

I hope the fact that my feet hurt do not make the ladies send me away. I heard them talking and they say that I have really bad thrush and that I will have to stay in and get medicine in my feet, so they well not be sore anymore.

I was put in a roomy stall with plenty if hay and even a touch of grain. I felt calm and I wonder how my day will be tomorrow in my new life?

1 comment:

Black Eyed Gurl said...

Welcome home Illusive! Those girls in the field were right, you just hit the jackpot! Your feet will be better soon, and then comes the real fun!

Nealia: I love these blogs! I hope they bring attnetion and new people to the site, and many new homes for your treasures!